The 2008 Stanford Energy Crossroads Conference will take place from April 30 - May 1 at Stanford University. The theme of the conference is "Vision to Action: Sparking Global Change" and will feature keynote presentations and panels discussing opportunities for taking clean energy solutions into the mainstream. Speakers will include:
- Prince Moulay Hicham ben Abdallah – Managing Director, Al Tayyar Energy; Prince of Morocco
- Elizabeth Cheney – VP Corporate Support, Shell Exploration and Production
- Andrew Chung – Principal, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Berrien Moore - Executive Director, Climate Central
- Ajit Nazre - Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Ellen Petrill - Director, Public/Private Partnerships, Electric Power Research Institute
- Stephen Schneider - Melvin and Joan Lane Professor for Interdisciplinary Environmental Studies, Stanford University
- Ben Schwegler – Chief Scientist and VP, Walt Disney Imagineering R&D
- Michael Shellenberger - President, The Breakthrough Institute
- Dan Whaley – CEO and Founder, Climos, Inc.
- Sheldon Xie – Strategic Advisor, Joint US-China Cooperation on Clean Energy
- Cathy Zoi - CEO, Alliance For Climate Protection
The conference also includes a Clean Energy Expo that will highlight enterprises including cleantech startups, green architects and designers, green construction companies, sustainable product manufacturers, large corporations with green initiatives, journals with an energy focus, and many others.
For more information: