On February 16, the MIT/Stanford Venture Lab will present a program entitled Biofuels 2.0: Sustainable Startups - from Garage to Gargantuan. This program is co-sponsored by BayBIO.org and will aim to address a number of topics, including:
- Sustainable business models, scalability, and environmental impacts
- Opportunities for small, bootstrap startups in the biofuels value chain
- How failures in biofuels 1.0 are creating new opportunities in 2.0
- What do VCs think about Biofuels 2.0?
This program will feature the following:
- Jack Oswald - CEO of SynGest
- Eric McAfee - CEO AE Biofuels
- David Berry, MD, PhD - Partner, Flagship Ventures
- Paul Bryan, PhD - Biofuels VP-Tech, Chevron Energy Technology Co.
- Leandro Vetcher - Co-founder & VP BD, Green Pacific Biologicals
- Jim Lane - Editor/Publisher of the BioFuels Digest (Moderator)
This event will take place from 6:00 - 8:30 pm at Arbuckle Lounge and Bishop Auditorium at Stanford Business School, Stanford, CA. Additional program information and registration is available here.