On April 29, 2010 the CleanTech BIG (Business Interface Group) of the Silicon Valley Association of Startup Entrepreneurs (SVASE) will present a program entitled Is Water the Next Oil? featuring panelists that will discuss a number of questions, including:
- Why isn't more being done today to address critical water problems?
- Why have we seen relatively low level of water investments from venture firms to date?
- What do the most recent funding trends say about interest in Cleantech and water?
- What opportunities exist for entrepreneurs & startups in this sector?
- What, if anything, will it take to get funded in the water sector?
Panelists for this program will be:
- Wayne Hedden, Co-Leader Cleantech Practice, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Lev J. Leytes, Chairman, Generation Capital, LLC
- Tamin Pechet, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Imagine H20
- Rachel Sheinbein, Senior Associate, Energy & Materials Group, CMEA Capital
- Rob Steiner, Co-Founder, WaterSmart Software, Inc
- Gordon K. Ho, Partner, Cooley Godward Kronish LLP (moderator)
This program will be held from 6:00 - 8:30 pm at Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, 3175 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA 94304. Thanks to our friends at SVASE, readers of Green VC can receive a $20 discount on the non-member ticket price when registering in advance by following these steps:
- Go to the online event registration page
- Select your tickets from the Affiliates section of the page
- In the "How did you learn about this event?" dropdown box, select "SVASE Affiliate"
- In the box following the question "REQUIRED FOR AFFILIATES: Which affiliated organization advertised this event to you?", enter "Green VC"
For more information: